Steven Taylor

Soccer Player

Steven Taylor was born in Greenwich, England, United Kingdom on January 23rd, 1986 and is the Soccer Player. At the age of 38, Steven Taylor biography, profession, age, height, weight, eye color, hair color, build, measurements, education, career, dating/affair, family, news updates, and networth are available.

Date of Birth
January 23, 1986
United Kingdom
Place of Birth
Greenwich, England, United Kingdom
38 years old
Zodiac Sign
Association Football Player
Steven Taylor Height, Weight, Eye Color and Hair Color

At 38 years old, Steven Taylor has this physical status:

Not Available
Hair Color
Not Available
Eye Color
Not Available
Not Available
Not Available
Steven Taylor Religion, Education, and Hobbies
Not Available
Not Available
Not Available
Steven Taylor Spouse(s), Children, Affair, Parents, and Family
Not Available
Not Available
Dating / Affair
Not Available
Not Available
Steven Taylor Life

Steven Vincent Taylor (born 23 January 1986) is an English professional footballer who plays for Wellington Phoenix as a defender.


Steven Taylor Career

Early career

Taylor was born in Greenwich, London, to a family from Newcastle upon Tyne and moved north to the North East a few weeks later. He was born in Whitley Bay, North Tyneside, and with future teammate Peter Ramage, he attended Valley Gardens Middle School. Despite being based in the North-East, Taylor went south to train on a Wednesday and play for Leicestershire-based junior team Anstey Nomads until leaving the side at the age of fourteen under stringent instructions from members of Newcastle's youth staff.

After being scouted at Cramlington Juniors, where Taylor played alongside Peter Ramage and Wallsend Boys Club, he joined Newcastle United's youth academy. He was switched to defense at age thirteen. He was instrumental in the U-17's triumph of the old Premier Academy League U-17 championship for the 2001-2002 season. Taylor capped a fine season by joining the academy on a first-year scholarship and signed professional terms when he turned seventeen years old. He was on a month-long loan with Wycombe Wanderers, where he competed under his childhood hero Tony Adams and made his league debut against Notts County in December 2003.

Club career

The teenager was mostly shifting back and forth between the first team and reserves when returning to Newcastle in the second half of the season. Andy O'Brien made his first team appearance in the UEFA Cup second leg match against Mallorca on March 25, 2004, beating him by Andy Carroll in the first leg of European competition in the 2000s. He made his Premier League debut against Bolton Wanderers three days later and was in the starting eleven in a less familiar right back role. Henrik Pedersen's debut was disappointing, as he was outmuscled by him during the build up that resulted in Bolton's match-winning goal. This was his first appearance for the remainder of the season, though he did make the bench on several occasions.

Taylor's debut in the 2004-05 season was disappointing, considering a long layoff. He later returned to play 22 games for the club, beginning 17. The teen was largely remembered for a bizarre match against Aston Villa on April 2nd, where he "saved" Darius Vassell's shot and strew clutching his chest. The referee dismissed him for "deliberate handball," but it was overshadowed by Lee Bowyer's tense on-pitch debate, which resulted in their dismissal and Newcastle's fall to eight men. His dive was insignificant (the game was beyond Newcastle, but both Bowyer and Dyer had been suspended), and many Newcastle supporters and many neutrals were indifferent; he attained cult/comical status with Newcastle fans and many other neutrals.

Taylor's first two seasons were marred by various injuries. Since aggravated a shoulder injury while on international service, he missed the second half of the 2005-06 season. He had been effectively out of the second half of the season after surgery, but he did manage to make a return appearance in Alan Shearer's testimonial match on May 11th.

Taylor's first season was the 2006–07 season. On November 23, 2006, he scored his first senior goal in a UEFA Cup tie against Celta de Vigo. Before his header won the game, the two teams were deadlocked at 1–1. By running the length of the pitch, he earned the nickname "Forrest Gump" for celebrating. He made his first league appearance against Blackburn Rovers on December 9, 2006, and Newcastle's defence team began playing more regularly, winning 31-0 and making 12 starts. Taylor was in and out of the starting eleven under Sam Allardyce's leadership, and there were fears that he would leave if he had refused the deal extension. However, in November 2007, he was named North East FWA Young Player of the Year for his achievements. With the addition of Kevin Keegan as Allardyce's successor, he will regained his position and signed the deal at the end of the season.

Taylor lost his place to Sébastien Bassong, who formed an impressive partnership with Fabricio Coloccini after several months of first-team starts, due to a traumatic injury. He put on some good results in critical games, including scoring a goal and setting up another to win a hard-fought draw against Everton, and was back into the team, mainly due to injury problems. He made his 150th appearance for the club in the 2008–09 season's best game, defeating Aston Villa on May 24. Despite his good results, Newcastle were relegated after struggling to defeat Villa and an injury forced him to miss the U21 European Championships in June. In the Journal's player of the season poll, he came in second, behind Bassong.

There had been rumors about Taylor's future as Newcastle was relegated. Newspaper rumors began to circulate about a possible return to the Premier League, including a potential replacement for Chelsea captain John Terry, who had piqued a lot of attention from Manchester City and Everton. Taylor himself did not make a move to request a transfer request and made no comment until the transfer window closed. In the end, he said he decided to remain in the hopes of assisting Newcastle in regaining Premier League status, despite the fact that it meant he'd have to put his hopes of a senior international debut on hold.

Taylor remained first-choice alongside Coloccini, who began all games as fit. In a 3–1 win over Plymouth Argyle on September 19, 2009, he scored his first and only goal of the season. He missed four games in October due to a hamstring injury suffered during preparation, but he returned to the starting lineup for the first game against Peterborough United in November. He captained the Magpies for the first time in the League Cup away loss at Peterborough on September 22nd. The Magpies' partnership with Coloccini began before they embarked on an undefeated run at home, until a knee injury against West Brom in January ended their relationship. Despite the fact that he missed the remainder of the season due to injury, Newcastle finished at the top of the table with an unbeaten home record and winning direct promotion back to the Premier League. His contribution was acknowledged as he was selected as Sport Newcastle's Sports Personality of the Year.

However, Taylor dislocated his shoulder in a friendly against Carlisle United, effectively ending him out for up to four months. In August, it was announced that he was transferred-listed as a result of unresolved employment issues, but no transfer was made. In an interview with Newcastle manager Chris Hughton after the cup tie with Accrington Stanley, he said he was still hopeful that a deal could be reached. Taylor continued his good work in a 1–1 home draw against Chelsea on Sunday, teaming with Sol Campbell as stand-ins for Coloccini and Mike Williamson.

Taylor was a regular part of the team under new manager Alan Pardew, reigniting his Coloccini relations. He signed a new deal extension in December that binds him to Newcastle until 2016. Taylor's tenure in the team came to an end on January 5th, 2011, having to come off at halftime during a 5–0 victory over West Ham due to a hamstring injury. He was out for six weeks due to his injury. Taylor returned to the starting eleven in May with Williamson out injured near the end of the season. Despite the fact that a string of injuries limited him to only fourteen appearances, he ended the season on a high by scoring crucial goals in each of the last three games of the season, including the champion over Birmingham City and a late equalizer against Chelsea to salvage a point.

In a 3–0 loss to Chelsea on December 3, 2011, Taylor ruptured his achilles tendon. Initially barred from nine months, he made a comeback in seven months. Taylor praised his surgeon and Newcastle's physiotherapy staff for his early return to football. On his return to Newcastle in the Trofeo Guadiana in July 2012, he scored on his 27th birthday in July 2012. Newcastle beat Braga 2–1 to win the tournament the next day, but he was an unused substitute. Taylor began working on his French from the start of 2012.

Taylor was suspended on the first weekend of the 2013–14 Premier League season against Manchester City for swinging an arm at Sergio Agüero in the first half of a 4–0 loss. In Taylor's 1–0 loss at home to rivals Sunderland, he suffered a head injury while grappling with the newspaper. On 1 January 2015, Taylor scored the first goal in a 3–3 draw with Burnley.

Taylor was released by the club on June 3, 2016.

Taylor signed for the Portland Timbers, a Major League Soccer team, on August 1, 2016. Taylor played out for their reserve team, Portland Timbers 2 (aka T2) against Los Angeles Galaxy II on August 6, but after being suspended at halftime, Taylor eventually defeated T2 by 6–3. Taylor was made captain in his second appearance for T2, starting with a Blake Bodily cross over Orange County Blues in their second appearance for the T2 team.

Taylor made his Timbers debut on August 21, 2016 in a 3–1 loss to the Seattle Sounders.

On December 15, 2016, the Timbers and Taylor decided to part ways. After a brief trial as cover for injured Adam Webster, he signed for Ipswich Town on January 25, 2017. He will not be available to play in the MLS because he has been banned to play in the league.

In his second game for Ipswich, he was injured in a 1–0 victory over Aston Villa with a significant hamstring injury that kept him out for four weeks.

Taylor signed a two-year contract with Peterborough United in July 2017.

Taylor joined Wellington Phoenix, A-League, for one year as a club option for a second on July 10, 2018. Taylor stayed with the club until the 2019-2020 A-League season. Taylor was named as captain of the Wellington team by the start of the 2019-20 season, succeeding Andrew Durante. Taylor scored from a header against Brisbane Roar, his first as Phoenix captain James Taylor. Wellington went on to win the match 2–1. Despite signing a two-year contract extension earlier this year, Taylor decided with the club that his deal would be terminated by mutual consent on September 14th.

Taylor signed a one-year deal with a club option for a second on September 16, 2020.

Taylor had returned to the team after he was ruled captain of Wellington Phoenix in 2021, just days after he was announced as captain of the Wellington Phoenix for the 2021-2021 season.

International career

Taylor captained the England Under-16 team at the Walkers International Tournament in November 2001 and was named Player of the Tournament. He captained the U-17's to triumph the Nationwide Tournament in the summer of his first international title. The England Under-17 team qualified for the European Championships in March 2003, and Taylor scored his first two goals for England in the match against Slovakia. Despite being one of the youngest squad members at age seventeen, he participated in the 2003 FIFA World Youth Championship with future under-21 teammates James Milner, Andrew Taylor, and Martin Cranie. Taylor made his England under-21 debut in a 3–2 win over the Netherlands on February 17, the following a good showing in Dubai amid England's dismal results.

Taylor played England Under-20 at the Toulon International Tournament in June 2005, where England finished third place. Against the German side, he scored his first under-21 goal on September 6, 2005. In October 2005, he scored two goals against the Poland Under-21s.

Taylor began to establish himself as a regular during the 2007 U-21 European Championship qualifying tournament and played a vital role in the tournament's run to the semifinals. He missed the first game due to his red card in the play-offs against Germany, but he did not appear in the other two group games and the semi-finals, where he was unable to prevent the late equalizer after being injured. With England down to ten men after fellow defender Nedum Onuoha was injured and all three replacements had been called on, Taylor was forced to play through the pain barrier as the game went into extra-time and ended 13–12 to the Dutch, who was forced to play through the pain barrier.

Taylor was called up to the senior team in the friendly against Germany on August 17, 2007, but he did not participate in the match and also served for the B team. On September 5, he was appointed captain of the under-21 squad having previously served as vice-captain to Nigel Reo-Coker and captained them to a spot in the 2010 European Championships, playing in all qualifiers. His header from Jamie O'Hara's corner sparked a Sam Vokes own-goal, which lifted the score and sent England through the tournament. He had been expected to lead them through the European Championships but a recurring injury forced him to resign, ending his under-21 career, and Mark Noble captained the team in his absence.

Taylor was recalled once more to the England national team senior squad for the World Cup qualifier against San Marino as a replacement for the injured Gary Cahill.

Coaching career

Taylor was announced as the head coach of Gulf United, an academy based in the United Arab Emirates, on January 23rd 2022. Taylor led his team to a 3–1 victory over Fleetwood United in the UAE Third Division League play-off final on May 26, earning promotion to the UAE Second Division league.


In the inaugural Major League Cricket final, Nicholas Pooran's 40-ball century helped MI New York defeat Seattle Orcas, July 31, 2023
Nicholas Pooran led MI New York to victory in the first ever Major League Cricket season, defeating Seattle Orcas in Dallas by a stunning 137 not out. As New York chased down 183 to win by seven wickets on Sunday night, the West Indies international blasted 10 fours and 13 sixes. Pooran brought the Orcas attack to all parts of the city, raising his half century in just 16 balls (a tournament record) before he reached his ton after 40 deliveries.

After being charged with the murder of Krystle Monks, Michael Kurt Pringle has declined to appear in court, February 11, 2023
Michael Kurt Pringle (right) was arrested on Friday six days after Krystle Monks (left) was discovered dead at a Bundamba (inset), Queensland, last Saturday. Ms Monks' father-of-one, who had been dating Ms Monks, was due to appear in court in Brisbane today. However, his advocate, Caroline Hunter, said that her client had 'asked not to be brought into the courthouse.' 'He's supposed to appear in court for the first time on the first court date,' Magistrate Deborah Vasta said.' The case was postponed until March 31, and Pringle was recalled in jail.

Boyfriend, 21, has been charged with the murder of a teen girl, February 11, 2023
Kurt Pringle, 21 (left), was arrested on Friday six days after Krystle Monks (right) was discovered dead at a home in Bundamba, Queensland, last Saturday (inset, police at the scene). The father-of-one, who had been dating Ms Monks, told investigators that she fell out of bed and sustained head injury. She was rushed to Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane, where she died from severe head injuries the following night. Ms Monks was just two weeks away from celebrating her 20th birthday with her loved ones.