Sergey Ponomarev was born in Moscow, Russia on December 11th, 1980 and is the Photographer. At the age of 42, Sergey Ponomarev biography, profession, age, height, weight, eye color, hair color, build, measurements, education, career, dating/affair, family, news updates, and networth are available.
Date of Birth
December 11, 1980
Place of Birth
42 years old
Journalist, Photographer, Photojournalism, Photojournalist
At 42 years old, Sergey Ponomarev physical status not available right now. We will update Sergey Ponomarev's height, weight, eye color, hair color, build, and measurements.
Dating / Affair
- 2015: A double runner-up for a Pulitzer Prize for Breaking News Photography as a contributor to two of the three finalist portfolios, both for The New York Times. With Mauricio Lima, he was cited "for photographs that portrayed the conflict in Ukraine in an intimate way," specifically the Euromaidan protests and ensuing war, and for "capturing key moments in the human struggle in Gaza, and providing a fresh take on a long, bloody conflict."
- 2015: third prize of the World Press Photo award in the General News category for his photos of Gaza conflict.
- 2016: first prize, General News category, World Press Photo for the European migrant crisis photos.
- 2016: Shared a Pulitzer Prize for Breaking News Photography with Mauricio Lima, Tyler Hicks, and Daniel Etter "For photographs that captured the resolve of refugees, the perils of their journeys and the struggle of host countries to take them in." Specifically, their coverage of the European migrant crisis, produced for The New York Times, was cited. He became the second Pulitzer Prize winner from Russia, after Alexander Zemlianichenko (1997).
- 2017: Robert Capa Gold Medal (shared with Bryan Denton) for his coverage of the war in Iraq.
- 2017: Second prize stories, General News category, World Press Photo.