At 85 years old, Waldo Peirce physical status not available right now. We will update Waldo Peirce's height, weight, eye color, hair color, build, and measurements.
- Waldo Peirce (December 17, 1884 – March 8, 1970) was an American painter.Peirce was both a prominent painter and a well-known character.
- He was sometimes called "the American Renoir".
- A long-time friend of Ernest Hemingway, whose portrait he painted for the cover of Time magazine in 1937, he was once called "the Ernest Hemingway of American painters." To that he replied, "They'll never call Ernest Hemingway the Waldo Peirce of American writers." As he once said, he never worked a day in his life.
- He did, however, spend many hours every day for 50 years of his life painting thousands of pictures of his beloved families (he was married four times and had numerous children), still lifes, and landscapes.
- Peirce was a large man for his time (he was drafted onto the Harvard football team, he said, solely because of his size) and with a mustache and full beard and a large cigar jammed perpetually into his mouth he looked every inch of a cartoonist's notion of an artist.
- Peirce himself was adamant about one thing: "I'm a painter", he insisted, "not an artist."