At 53 years old, Tyler Perry has this physical status:
Dating / Affair
Tyra Banks (2006), Gelila Bekele (2009-2020)
Emmitt Perry, Sr., Willie Maxine Perry
Emmbre Perry (Brother) (Film Director), Yulanda Wilkins (Sister), Melva Porter (Sister)
- Tyler Perry (born Emmitt Perry Jr.; September 13, 1969) is an American actor, writer, producer, comedian and director.
- In 2011, Forbes listed him as the highest paid man in entertainment, earning $130 million USD between May 2010 and May 2011.Perry created and performs the Madea character, a tough elderly black woman.
- Perry's films vary in style from orthodox filmmaking techniques to filmed productions of live stage plays.
- Many of Perry's stage-play films have been subsequently adapted as films. Perry wrote and produced many stage plays during the 1990s and early 2000s.
- Perry has developed several television series, most notably Tyler Perry's House of Payne, which ran for eight seasons on TBS from June 21, 2006, to August 10, 2012.
- On October 2, 2012, Perry struck an exclusive multi-year partnership with Oprah Winfrey and her Oprah Winfrey Network.
- The partnership was largely for the sake of bringing scripted television to the OWN, based on Perry's previous success in this area.
- Perry has created multiple scripted series for the network, The Haves and the Have Nots being its most successful.
- The Haves and the Have Nots has given OWN its highest ratings to date as of 2014, with the series also referred to as "one of OWN's biggest success stories with its weekly dose of soapy fun, filled with the typical betrayals, affairs, and manipulations."Perry has additionally acted in films not directed or produced by himself, including as Admiral Barnett in Star Trek (2009), the titular character in Alex Cross (2012), Tanner Bolt in Gone Girl (2014), Baxter Stockman in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (2016) and Colin Powell in Vice (2018).
www.dailymail.co.uk, September 25, 2022
Tyler Perry, 53, defended his Madea character, saying he is 'honoring the people who made me who I am.' Filmmaker Spike Lee called the project 'coonery buffoonery' in 2009 and that it enhanced the negative stereotypes of the black community. 'For me, I've loved the movies that I've done,' Perry, 53, told Chris Wallace. 'Because they're the people that I grew up with, that I represent.' He said he received a 'masterclass for my life' when his mother brought his to the projects every weekend, so she could play cards with other women. 'Most of them didn't...
www.dailymail.co.uk, September 22, 2022
Tyler Perry has revealed why he offered up his home to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after they left the monarchy and moved to the US two years ago.
www.dailymail.co.uk, September 21, 2022
Back in 2020, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced that they were saying goodbye to their royal duties and relocating to California. At the time, the couple, along with their then-one-year-old son, Archie, spent a few months living in Tyler's Beverly Hills mansion before purchasing their own. Now, the actor, comedian and producer, 53, has explained why he wanted to help the couple, admitting that it was a 'very difficult time for them.' The filmmaker explained to Today that he was inspired by their love, adding, 'It's really moving and I wanted to do...