At 79 years old, Joe Biden has this physical status:
Archmere Academy, University of Delaware
Dating / Affair
Neilia Hunter (1966-1972), Jill Jacobs (1975-Present)
Joseph Robinette Biden Sr., Catherine Eugenia Biden
James Brian Biden (Younger Brother), Valerie Biden (Younger Sister), Francis W. Biden (Younger Brother)
Joseph Harry Biden (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Elizabeth Robinette (Paternal Grandmother), Ambrose Joseph Finnegan (Maternal Grandfather), Geraldine Catherine/Catharine Blewitt (Maternal Grandmother)
- Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. (born November 20, 1942) is an American politician who served as the 47th vice president of the United States from 2009 to 2017.
- Biden also represented Delaware in the U.S. Senate from 1973 to 2009.
- A member of the Democratic Party, Biden is a candidate for president in the 2020 election, having unsuccessfully sought the Democratic presidential nomination in 1988 and in 2008. Biden was raised in Scranton, Pennsylvania and New Castle County, Delaware.
- He studied at the University of Delaware before receiving his law degree from Syracuse University.
- He became a lawyer in 1969 and was elected to the New Castle County Council in 1970.
- He was first elected to the U.S. Senate from Delaware in 1972, when he became the sixth-youngest senator in American history.
- Biden was re-elected six times and was the fourth most senior senator when he resigned to assume the vice presidency in 2009.
- Biden was a long-time member and former chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee.
- He opposed the Gulf War in 1991, but advocated U.S. and NATO intervention in the Bosnian War in 1994 and 1995.
- He voted in favor of the resolution authorizing the Iraq War in 2002, but opposed the surge of U.S. troops in 2007.
- He has also served as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, dealing with issues related to drug policy, crime prevention, and civil liberties.
- Biden led the efforts to pass the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act and the Violence Against Women Act.
- He also chaired the Judiciary Committee during the contentious U.S. Supreme Court nominations of Robert Bork and Clarence Thomas. In 2008, Biden was the running mate of Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama and became the first Roman Catholic to serve as vice president of the United States.
- As vice president, Biden oversaw infrastructure spending aimed at counteracting the Great Recession and helped formulate U.S. policy toward Iraq through the withdrawal of U.S. troops in 2011.
- His ability to negotiate with congressional Republicans helped the Obama administration pass legislation such as the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010, which resolved a taxation deadlock; the Budget Control Act of 2011, which resolved that year's debt ceiling crisis; and the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012, which addressed the impending fiscal cliff.
- Obama and Biden were re-elected in 2012. In October 2015, after months of speculation, Biden announced he would not seek the presidency in the 2016 election.
- In January 2017, Obama awarded Biden the Presidential Medal of Freedom with distinction.
- After completing his second term as vice president, Biden joined the faculty of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was named the Benjamin Franklin Professor of Presidential Practice.
- He announced his 2020 run for president on April 25, 2019.
www.dailymail.co.uk, October 6, 2022
During his tour of the Hurricane Ian disaster zone on Wednesday, Biden was in a jovial conversation with Fort Myers Beach Mayor Ray Murphy and appeared to forget that news cameras were hovering nearby. 'Nobody f***s with a Biden,' the president remarked, drawing laughter from Murphy, who responded, 'you're godd**ned right'. 'It was not directed at anybody. It was just two guys talking,' Murphy said later. 'It didn't faze me one bit. That's just the way two guys talk to each other from our respective backgrounds.'
www.dailymail.co.uk, October 6, 2022
The US fossil fuel industry had harsh words for President Joe Biden after OPEC announced dramatic production cuts, saying that the administration now has no choice but to encourage more domestic output. 'The White House has one option left and it is the one option they should have never turned away from in the first place - the US-based oil and gas industry,' tweeted the US Oil and Gas Association on Wednesday. 'Life comes at you pretty fast....' the trade group added in a mocking jibe, following OPEC's announcement that it will slash oil production...
www.dailymail.co.uk, October 5, 2022
President Joe Biden will order more oil released from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve as gas prices are on the rise and OPEC announced it was making its biggest cuts in production in more than two years. Biden will release another 10 million barrels this month and he will 'continue to direct SPR releases as appropriate to protect American consumers and promote energy security,' White House National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan and economic adviser Brian Deese said in a joint statement. In the statement, the administration also called on oil companies...
perezhilton.com, June 11, 2022
Paris Hilton would not miss Britney Spears’ wedding for anything – not even for a once in a lifetime opportunity performing for President Joe Biden! During an episode of her This Is Paris podcast on Friday, the 41-year-old heiress revealed that she actually turned down a DJ gig for the president’s dinner welcoming world leaders for the ninth Summit of the Americas because it conflicted with Brit’s and Sam Asghari’s nuptials. She explained:
perezhilton.com, October 11, 2021
So soon?! Guess we know what the “something new” was… the relationship! Real Housewives Of Orange County alum Meghan King and her beau Cuffe Owens officially tied the knot already?! We would hardly believed it, but it comes from a pretty high-up source: the President of the United States!!
perezhilton.com, November 3, 2020
It didn’t work out between Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney, but the singer still has a lot of love for men from Pennsylvania, specifically Joe Biden! While performing at a drive-in rally in Pittsburgh on Monday in support of the Presidential candidate, she gave a brief shout-out to her former fiancé, and luckily, it sounds like there are no hard feelings!