At 59 years old, Jodie Foster has this physical status:
- Alicia Christian "Jodie" Foster (born November 19, 1962) is an American actress, director, and producer.
- She has received two Academy Awards, three British Academy Film Awards, two Golden Globe Awards, and the Cecil B. DeMille Award.
- For her work as a director, she has been nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award. Foster began her professional career as a child model when she was three years old, and she made her acting debut in 1968 in the television sitcom Mayberry R.F.D.
- In the late 1960s and early 1970s, she worked in several television series and made her film debut with Disney's Napoleon and Samantha (1972).
- Following appearances in the musical Tom Sawyer (1973) and Martin Scorsese's comedy-drama Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore (1974), Foster's breakthrough came with Scorsese's psychological thriller Taxi Driver (1976), in which she played a child prostitute; at age 14, she received a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- Her other roles as a teenager include the musical Bugsy Malone (1976) and the thriller The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (1976), and she became a popular teen idol by starring in Disney's Freaky Friday (1976) and Candleshoe (1977), as well as Carny (1980) and Foxes (1980). After attending college at Yale, Foster struggled to transition into adult roles until she gained critical acclaim for playing a rape survivor in the legal drama The Accused (1988), for which she won the Academy Award for Best Actress.
- She won her second Academy Award three years later for the psychological horror The Silence of the Lambs (1991), in which she portrayed Clarice Starling.
- Foster made her debut as a film director the same year with Little Man Tate, and founded her own production company, Egg Pictures, in 1992.
- The company's first production was Nell (1994), in which she also played the title role, garnering her fourth nomination for an Academy Award.
- Her other successful films in the 1990s were the romantic drama Sommersby, western comedy Maverick (1994), science fiction Contact (1997), and period drama Anna and the King (1999). Foster experienced career setbacks in the early 2000s, including the cancellation of a film project and the closing down of her production company, but she then starred in four commercially successful thrillers: Panic Room (2002), Flightplan (2005), Inside Man (2006), and The Brave One (2007).
- She has focused on directing in the 2010s, directing the films The Beaver (2011) and Money Monster (2016), as well as episodes for Netflix television series Orange Is the New Black, House of Cards, and Black Mirror.
- She also starred in the films Carnage (2011), Elysium (2013), and Hotel Artemis (2018).
NOPE (2022) MY THOUGHTS - NO SPOILERS As I said a few times, Jordan Peele's brand new movie, Nope, features a song performed by Jodie Foster which she originally recorded in 1977 (SWIPE⬅️ to listen to it). Yesterday I went to see the film, so now I can tell you more in detail how the song appears in the movie. ***No spoilers.*** Now, the scene: It's about 10 minutes in that there's a scene where the protagonist is shooting a horse commercial with a green screen and Jodie's song is playing as background. The song ain't the main focus of the scene and there's quite a lot of dialogue, so it's actually quite low and you have to pay attention but it's there. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by how much of the song there was in it. It must sound like for one minute, then they stop in order to arrange something and then the song begins playing again for like 30 seconds more (I was so excited listening to the song I wanted to dance in my seat 🤣🙈). Aaand even though there's dialogue and I was struggling to pay attention to both the dialogue and the song, I dare say in that particular scene the lines are not crucial - at least while the song is playing. So, was it worth it going to the cinema just for that? Absolutely! I would have never forgiven myself if I had missed it. Eventually, I stayed till the end just to see her name in the credits because I'm such a freak. My final veredict: Yes, it's worth watching the movie just for that but I understand that not everyone has the same level of interest (😅), however, Nope is doing pretty well in its own right so I would still recommend going to see it. Don't miss it! #jodiefoster #nope #nopemovie #jordanpeele #moifleurbleue #laviecestchouette #francoisdaime
(UPDATE) Jodie's song, La Vie C'est Chouette, appears in Jordan Peele's new movie, NOPE (2022). The song was originally recorded for the movie Moi Fleur Bleue (1977) where Jodie played the lead and sang two songs. I'm absolutely amazed that one of her songs was chosen for a brand new movie. I'm definitely going to check that one out. What about you? Are you going to see NOPE just to listen to Jodie singing in it? And that's not all: This song is Jodie's first song on spotify! I've always wanted to listen to her songs in that app and I hope we get more of them in the future. #jodiefoster #nope #nopemovie #jordanpeele #laviecestchouette #moifleurbleue #francoisdaime
For anyone who'd like to take part in the bday project: marcy15w and I wanted to share a little update for you. Above, there is an audio with a quote by Jodie Foster explaining exactly what kind of presents she likes. This quote perfectly sums up the concept that we have always intended with this project. If you still don't know what to send, this quote may help you find ideas for your gift. We think that rather than just saying "happy birthday", we actually want you to share your stories. For example, we intend to send more personal messages like, "this X performance has meant a lot to me for such and such reason," or "this X movie you've directed was special to me because of this," or "you have been my inspiration to do this or become that". Something that is more personal and meaningful to you, which is what we think she would appreciate more. This doesn't mean sharing a story is mandatory for the project or that you are required to send something like that. As long as it is respectful, you are completely free to send whatever you like. This is just the concept behind the project that we have, but giving you the chance to actually send her something is what matters to us, whatever that is. Remember the deadline for this is October 1st #jodiefoster #birthdayproject #big60