Frank Deford was born in Baltimore, Maryland, United States on December 16th, 1938 and is the Novelist. At the age of 78, Frank Deford biography, profession, age, height, weight, eye color, hair color, build, measurements, education, career, dating/affair, family, news updates, and networth are available.
Other Names / Nick Names
Benjamin "Frank" Deford, III
Date of Birth
December 16, 1938
Place of Birth
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
May 28, 2017 (age 78)
At 78 years old, Frank Deford has this physical status:
Salt and Pepper
Carol Penner Deford
Dating / Affair
- Member of the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association Hall of Fame
- Six-time U.S. Sportswriter of the Year winner
- Twice voted Magazine Writer of the Year by the Washington Journalism Review
- National Magazine Award recipient for 1999 Sports Illustrated article on Bill Russell
- Peabody Award recipient for writer on 1999 HBO documentary "Dare to Compete"
- Christopher Award winner
- University of Missouri Honor Award for Distinguished Service to Journalism
- Winner of a 1988 Emmy Award for his work as a writer during the Seoul Olympics
- Winner of a CableACE Award in 1994 for writing the HBO Sports documentary Arthur Ashe: Citizen of the World
- Dick Schaap Award for Outstanding Journalism recipient in 2003
- Received ten honorary degrees, most recently in 2011 from Washington College, Chestertown, Maryland.
- 2012 Inducted into the Roller Derby Hall of Fame.
- 2012 Denver Press Club, Damon Runyon Award Recipient
- 2013 William Allen White Foundation National Citation at the University of Kansas
- 2013 Awarded a National Humanities Medal for "transforming how we think about sports."
- 2013 PEN/ESPN Lifetime Achievement Award for Literary Sports Writing