At 47 years old, Francis Thompson physical status not available right now. We will update Francis Thompson's height, weight, eye color, hair color, build, and measurements.
- For others with this name, see Francis Thompson (disambiguation).Francis Thompson (16 December 1859 – 13 November 1907) was an English poet and mystic.
- At the behest of his father, a doctor, he entered medical school at the age of 18, but at 26 left home to pursue his talent as a writer and poet.
- He spent three years on the streets of London, supporting himself with menial labour, becoming addicted to opium which he took to relieve a nervous problem. In 1888 a married couple, publishers, read his poetry and took him into their home for a time.
- They were to publish his first book Poems in 1893.
- In 1897, he switched to writing prose, drawing inspiration from life in the countryside, Wales and Storrington.
- His health, always fragile, continued to deteriorate and he died of tuberculosis in 1907.
- By that time he had published three books of poetry, along with other works and essays.