At 64 years old, Angela Bassett has this physical status:
- Angela Evelyn Bassett (born August 16, 1958) is an American actress and activist known for her biographical film roles, most notably her performance as Tina Turner in the biopic What's Love Got to Do with It (1993), for which she was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress and won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Comedy or Musical.
- Bassett has additionally portrayed real life figures Betty Shabazz in both Malcolm X (1992) and Panther (1995), Katherine Jackson in The Jacksons: An American Dream (1992), Voletta Wallace in Notorious (2009) and Coretta Scott King in Betty & Coretta (2013).
- Her other notable film roles include Reva Styles in Boyz n the Hood (1991), Bernie Harris in Waiting to Exhale (1995), Rachel Constantine in Contact (1997), Lynne Jacobs in Olympus Has Fallen (2013) and London Has Fallen (2016), and Queen Ramonda in Black Panther (2018) and Avengers: Endgame (2019). Bassett began her film career in the 1980s, after earning a bachelor of arts degree from Yale University and a master of fine arts degree from the Yale School of Drama.
- In the 1990s, she appeared in films nearly every year.
- The 2000s saw a succession of films starring Bassett, with her appearing in at least one film every year.
- Bassett's success has continued into the 2010s.
- Bassett earned nominations for her roles in films such as The Score (2001), Akeelah and the Bee (2006), Meet the Browns (2008) and Jumping the Broom (2011) and won awards for her performances in How Stella Got Her Groove Back (1998) and Music of the Heart (1999), among others.
- Bassett's performance as Rosa Parks in the 2002 film The Rosa Parks Story was honored with her first Primetime Emmy Award nomination. In 2013, Bassett had a recurring role on the FX horror anthology series American Horror Story: Coven, earning her second Primetime Emmy Award nomination for her performance as Voodoo queen Marie Laveau.
- She returned for Freak Show, the series' fourth season, portraying a three-breasted woman named Desiree Dupree, for which she received another Emmy Award nomination.
- For the fifth season, Hotel, she portrayed Ramona Royale, a famous movie star.
- Bassett returned to the series's sixth cycle, Roanoke, portraying an alcoholic actress named Monet Tumusiime, who plays struggling mother and former police officer Lee Harris in the My Roanoke Nightmare documentary, and she reprised her role as Marie Laveau in a guest role in the eighth season Apocalypse.
- In 2018, Bassett began producing and starring in the Fox first responder drama series 9-1-1, playing LAPD patrol sergeant Athena Grant.
This is my new, custom 1687club NFT! 1687 is an NFT club using Web3 to give a voice to stories that need to be heard. They’re currently working on a project with withersgallery in Memphis to fund the preservation of Ernest Withers’ life’s work as a photographer for the civil rights movement. #1687partner #NFTcollection #NFT #digitalart #crypto
*TOMAR* It’s easy to feel like you’ve traveled back through time while visiting this ancient town. Best part of it all, the locals are charming and friendly and are happy to share their culture and stories with you, especially during long late-night dinners fueled with food and wine. Reasons one should add this beautiful destination to their bucket list. From the epic architecture, the most intriguing history, the food, the Portuguese Charm, beautiful gardens, parks and castles. All at your disposal. I had the most astounding opportunity to not only work here but explore these possibilities for myself. And met some amazing people along the way. I had the honor of staying at one of the best 5 Star Boutique Hotels in Tomar, Portugal. The Hotel República hotel.republica Located right in the heart of the Templar city of Tomar, the Hotel República is the best place to find out what it means to be Portuguese. The hotel was built, equipped and decorated only by portuguese companies. Amazing amenities offered along with my personal favorite - SOUNDPROOF ROOMS! A completely peaceful experience. I want to thank The owners Laurence & Anthonio for their hospitality and kindness during my 3 week stay here and most of all for their generosity of honoring me with a suite in my name. So when you visit this beautiful city and country go check out Hotel República and ask to stay in "The Angela Bassett Suite". Experience the love of Portugal 🇵🇹. Obrigada Portugal! 📸 dandremichael
You say Lisboa, I say Lisbon...let's connect again. The people ...lovely, the vistas...divine, the wine...you already know. And just when I thought it couldn't get better; there was the music! A "letter from home". What a wonderful weekend; a cozy and relaxing find in Hotel Valverde right in the heat and heart of it all. You did it! I loved it! May take another trip to really turn it all the down to your chill mode. But perhaps I've gotten a bit though osmosis to carry me. Cheers to that feeling of both, the "familiar" and the "far and away". Obrigda Hotel ValVerde!!! valverdehotel